You guys. This cannot be right... My babies are not eleven months old. They are not turning ONE next month!! Seriously, I'm freaking out. I have to enjoy my babes a little extra during this last month of their infantdom. So far, so good with that. We are enjoying Charlotte and Grady so much! I wish I could just bottle these moments up! I guess the next best thing is to document every detail... So....
Things I want to remember about the babies at eleven months:
..Their growth seems to have slowed a little this month. Charlotte is a tiny little thing, and still wears a lot of 6 month clothes. Grady is wearing mainly 9 month stuff, but still fits in some 6 month stuff as well ..
..They are getting pretty good at finger foods. The problem we're having now, is that they get a little too excited about it! If I put down several small pieces of food for them to grab, they end up piling it all in at once, without a break for chewing or swallowing in between bites. It makes me nervous! So for now, I'm exercising my patience and putting just a couple bites on their high chair at a time. Hopefully they figure it out..
..Teething is in full swing over here! Charlotte did well with her two bottom teeth last month, but her two top teeth are coming in now, and she's not a fan. Grady's top and bottom teeth are also finally working their way out, and he's not having it, either. Poor babes, they're quite sensitive about everything, and mega clingy. I won't lie, I enjoy the extra snuggles, but could maybe do without all the whining. I know their little mouths are in pain, though, and that breaks my heart. We'll cross our fingers that this passes quickly (until the next round of teeth)..
..The tides have turned, and Grady is now the bully around our house. One of their favorite things to do is pull themselves up to stand next to our dining chairs, and they always have to be standing side by side. The problem is, Grady thinks it's okay to grab onto Charlotte and manhandle her. There's also a lot of hair pulling and head smacking going on. She puts up with a lot from him..
..Despite these issues, Charlotte and Grady are still obsessed with each other. I don't think that will ever get old for me. I can't count how many times I've been busy in the other room, and can hear them cracking up at each other. Charlotte, especially, thinks Grady is hilarious. Yesterday, she was belly laughing at him for a good 15 minutes, it was the cutest thing ever! I tried to grab the camera to document, but she spotted me and got distracted. I'm determined to catch it one of these days. There's nothing that makes me happier than to see them laughing and playing with each other..
..Another one of my favorite moments during the day, happens just before they go down to sleep for naps or for the night... We've gotten into the routine of snuggles and lullabies, and I love it probably more than they do. They rest their heads on our shoulders, and are quiet and still- the only time during the day. It sure makes up for all the other craziness..
..They are becoming so playful. They like to chase us around on the ground for some rough housing and tickles. And they're starting to develop a sense of humor- repeating things that made us laugh, making funny noises, and doing other silly things. There sure are a lot of giggles around here..
..We have always bathed the babes separately, but just recently started putting them in the big tub together. They sure have fun, but I'm exhausted by the end of it all! They climb all over the tub and all over each other. But their favorite is that one likes to be climbing up the wall on one end, while the other is trying to stand up to the water faucet and unplug the drain. The whole bathtub thing is still new to them, because we had them in their little baby tubs 'til just barely. I'm now realizing how easy that was, but we gotta break them out of it at some point. So hopefully, they'll explore a little and get it out of their systems, and then happily play with their toys in the water (instead of scaling the walls)..
..They are now completely in the stage of putting everything in their mouths. They used to find something on the ground, pick it up, inspect it, and then drop it. But now... every little object needs to be chewed on or eaten. Keeps me on my toes!..
..The babes are also starting into the stage of dropping things from their highchairs, so that's super fun. Food, toys, whatever... they love to drop them and then peer over the edge at whatever is now on the ground. Then, of course, expect us to pick it up and give it back to them so they can drop it again..
..They've also discovered the fun that the dishwasher provides. Charlotte and Grady just love to "help" me with the dishes any chance they get. It's quite amusing, although, it takes me 5x longer to do the chore with little hands pulling every utensil out that I just put in..
..Charlotte and Grady are huge fans of music, and this is one of my favorite things about them right now. If the TV's on and a good tune starts playing during a commercial or something, C&G will stop whatever they're doing and stare at the TV until the song is over. When I have the radio playing, they like to bob up and down or kick their feet. They both love to dance, even without being prompted. It's the cutest..
..Where one baby is, you are sure to find the other. Charlotte and Grady are pretty much attached at the hip, and just love to follow one another all around the house. They are the best playmates, and I absolutely LOVE watching them interact. So many times during the day, I find myself thinking about how happy I am that they have each other. And that I have them both! I love love love being a mama to these twins!..
..We have always bathed the babes separately, but just recently started putting them in the big tub together. They sure have fun, but I'm exhausted by the end of it all! They climb all over the tub and all over each other. But their favorite is that one likes to be climbing up the wall on one end, while the other is trying to stand up to the water faucet and unplug the drain. The whole bathtub thing is still new to them, because we had them in their little baby tubs 'til just barely. I'm now realizing how easy that was, but we gotta break them out of it at some point. So hopefully, they'll explore a little and get it out of their systems, and then happily play with their toys in the water (instead of scaling the walls)..
..They are now completely in the stage of putting everything in their mouths. They used to find something on the ground, pick it up, inspect it, and then drop it. But now... every little object needs to be chewed on or eaten. Keeps me on my toes!..
..The babes are also starting into the stage of dropping things from their highchairs, so that's super fun. Food, toys, whatever... they love to drop them and then peer over the edge at whatever is now on the ground. Then, of course, expect us to pick it up and give it back to them so they can drop it again..
..They've also discovered the fun that the dishwasher provides. Charlotte and Grady just love to "help" me with the dishes any chance they get. It's quite amusing, although, it takes me 5x longer to do the chore with little hands pulling every utensil out that I just put in..
..Charlotte and Grady are huge fans of music, and this is one of my favorite things about them right now. If the TV's on and a good tune starts playing during a commercial or something, C&G will stop whatever they're doing and stare at the TV until the song is over. When I have the radio playing, they like to bob up and down or kick their feet. They both love to dance, even without being prompted. It's the cutest..
..Where one baby is, you are sure to find the other. Charlotte and Grady are pretty much attached at the hip, and just love to follow one another all around the house. They are the best playmates, and I absolutely LOVE watching them interact. So many times during the day, I find myself thinking about how happy I am that they have each other. And that I have them both! I love love love being a mama to these twins!..
.................................
-Grady finally figured out how to get himself down from standing. It's definitely not as graceful or skilled as Charlotte's method. But I guess it's pretty much as effective... just a straight fall to the butt. Sometimes he gets a weird angle going or too much momentum, and he tips over after landing, but he's basically gotten it down at this point. Thank goodness we're not having to "save" him from standing, anymore!
-Grades has the cutest wavy hair. It's especially noticeable fresh out of the bathtub, when he gets lots of curled wisps going on. Ah, love it.
-He also has a nice showing of chubby neck rolls. He has this way of sitting sometimes, just kind of slumped there, and his head hangs back a little (similar to the first picture from their 10 month post)... that's when the rolls are in prime view. I always chuckle when he does that.
-Grady is a silly kid. These days, his favorite thing to do is speak in growls. He does it all the time. I don't know what it is about growling, but he quite enjoys it. Even when he's jabbering normally, if we growl at him, he growls right back and then continues with it. Cracks us up.
-Another thing Grady is showcasing these days is his little attitude. If he's sitting in his high chair and I'm not feeding him quickly enough, or if I try to wipe his face, or do anything else that he doesn't approve of, he'll slam his hand on the tray, and give me a good stare down. Another example of his attitude... If he's picking on Charlotte or doing anything else he shouldn't, and I scold him, he just looks at me and laughs! Apparently, I'm not getting through, and he thinks it's hilarious. Welcome to parenthood, right? Ugh, child.
-G is a lover of food, and always seems to get pretty hyper during mealtimes. He often kicks his legs and waves his arms all around. He also does a lot of lip smacking during bites. It's obvious that's his favorite time of the day.
...............................
-Charlotte is becoming quite the little monkey. It's so fun to watch her gain more and more confidence moving around. She's been standing up and walking next to furniture for a long time now, but she's getting clever with it, and it always surprises me to see how much control she has over that tiny little body of hers.
-One of the cutest things Charlotte does is sleepily put the back of her left hand over her eye while she drinks a bottle. Especially if it's her morning or night bottle, but even during a mid-day snack, that hand always finds it's way up by her face.
-Another adorable habit she's developed is her scrunchy face. She wrinkles her nose up and sniffs deeply in and out. The best is that she always does it when she's happy or playful, and it kills me every time.
-Since we outed Grady, now it's time to share that Charlotte definitely has an attitude all her own. I'm worried for the tantrums to come during her terrible-twos, because I swear she's already mastering a pretty good one now. When she gets upset, she kicks her legs sharply in and out and cries and pushes us away. She's definitely not a happy camper when she doesn't get her way.
-Despite her occasional outbursts, though, Charlotte is a pretty well tempered little one. She's been teething for quite a while now, without much of a break between each tooth. Her two bottom ones are in, and now the two on top are finally breaking through. Poor thing has been pretty sad on and off over the past couple weeks, and there are days where she's extra sensitive and every little thing makes her break into tears. But she's a trooper, and kicking in those teeth like it's her job. Hopefully she'll get past this first round and have some time to recoup.
................................
I just can't seem to get enough of Charlotte and Grady. They bring so much fulfillment to my days. Although I have to say, they completely exhaust me! Chasing after two energetic little ones is a lot of work, and I'm beyond spent by the time I put them down for bed. But this stage is a lot of fun, and they constantly amaze me with the smart and funny things they do. Now the clock is ticking toward that first birthday! (...yikes...)
More favorite 11 month pics:
On a beautiful autumn walk with Mimi
Sharing toys
"Good morning! We're ready to play!"
Grady loves to plop himself down in the middle of all his fun things
Pulling out all their blocks
Charlotte in the buff
Bathtub play
Lazy rainy day
Trying on our new winter hats
-Grades has the cutest wavy hair. It's especially noticeable fresh out of the bathtub, when he gets lots of curled wisps going on. Ah, love it.
-He also has a nice showing of chubby neck rolls. He has this way of sitting sometimes, just kind of slumped there, and his head hangs back a little (similar to the first picture from their 10 month post)... that's when the rolls are in prime view. I always chuckle when he does that.
-Grady is a silly kid. These days, his favorite thing to do is speak in growls. He does it all the time. I don't know what it is about growling, but he quite enjoys it. Even when he's jabbering normally, if we growl at him, he growls right back and then continues with it. Cracks us up.
-Another thing Grady is showcasing these days is his little attitude. If he's sitting in his high chair and I'm not feeding him quickly enough, or if I try to wipe his face, or do anything else that he doesn't approve of, he'll slam his hand on the tray, and give me a good stare down. Another example of his attitude... If he's picking on Charlotte or doing anything else he shouldn't, and I scold him, he just looks at me and laughs! Apparently, I'm not getting through, and he thinks it's hilarious. Welcome to parenthood, right? Ugh, child.
-G is a lover of food, and always seems to get pretty hyper during mealtimes. He often kicks his legs and waves his arms all around. He also does a lot of lip smacking during bites. It's obvious that's his favorite time of the day.
...............................
-Charlotte is becoming quite the little monkey. It's so fun to watch her gain more and more confidence moving around. She's been standing up and walking next to furniture for a long time now, but she's getting clever with it, and it always surprises me to see how much control she has over that tiny little body of hers.
-One of the cutest things Charlotte does is sleepily put the back of her left hand over her eye while she drinks a bottle. Especially if it's her morning or night bottle, but even during a mid-day snack, that hand always finds it's way up by her face.
-Another adorable habit she's developed is her scrunchy face. She wrinkles her nose up and sniffs deeply in and out. The best is that she always does it when she's happy or playful, and it kills me every time.
-Since we outed Grady, now it's time to share that Charlotte definitely has an attitude all her own. I'm worried for the tantrums to come during her terrible-twos, because I swear she's already mastering a pretty good one now. When she gets upset, she kicks her legs sharply in and out and cries and pushes us away. She's definitely not a happy camper when she doesn't get her way.
-Despite her occasional outbursts, though, Charlotte is a pretty well tempered little one. She's been teething for quite a while now, without much of a break between each tooth. Her two bottom ones are in, and now the two on top are finally breaking through. Poor thing has been pretty sad on and off over the past couple weeks, and there are days where she's extra sensitive and every little thing makes her break into tears. But she's a trooper, and kicking in those teeth like it's her job. Hopefully she'll get past this first round and have some time to recoup.
................................
I just can't seem to get enough of Charlotte and Grady. They bring so much fulfillment to my days. Although I have to say, they completely exhaust me! Chasing after two energetic little ones is a lot of work, and I'm beyond spent by the time I put them down for bed. But this stage is a lot of fun, and they constantly amaze me with the smart and funny things they do. Now the clock is ticking toward that first birthday! (...yikes...)
More favorite 11 month pics:
On a beautiful autumn walk with Mimi
Grady showing off his big boy skills
Helping with chores
Out for a car ride
Sharing toys
Sharing hands
Favorite toys
"Good morning! We're ready to play!"
Grady loves to plop himself down in the middle of all his fun things
Charlotte loves to snuggle up with her lovies
Pulling out all their blocks
Grady in the buff
Charlotte in the buff
Bathtub play
My cuties
My silly skeletons
Lazy rainy day
Trying on our new winter hats



2 comments:
They love the spatula and the paint brush! I just love your blog. You write so well, makes me feel like i'm right there. Miss you guys
Oh my goodness! These two together are the cutest!! I love seeing their personalities come out! Such sweethearts!
Post a Comment