Thursday, October 3, 2013

nine months


Okay, so life is a little hectic... which is pretty much the norm around here, but I've been bad and haven't paid any attention to the blog in a couple months. Because our family is spread out all over, I still want to make it a priority to post updates on here. The babies are growing and developing so quickly, it's hard to keep up! So, because I haven't posted since 8 months at the beginning of August, I need to recap 9 months first.

Charlotte and Grady's 9 month mark was an exciting one! They really started reaching several big developmental milestones around that time and since... I don't want to forget all these moments!

.......................

Things to remember:

..Both C&G still wearing 6 month clothes..

..Both wearing size 3 diapers, size 4 at night..

..Loving their solid foods. Things started out a little rocky with Charlotte in that department, but was doing great at 9 months, maybe even a little better than Grady because he often got distracted and ended up with food all over the place..

..Nights were getting better, thank goodness! Both sleeping through the night more consistently, going to bed around 8:30 and waking up at 7:00ish..

..We got a new jumper toy last month (thanks to Tim & Kathryn!) that Charlotte and Grady both love! They get so excited to jump and jump and jump. It's great for a nice leg workout :)..

..The babies were officially on the move and always seemed to get tangled up in each other on the ground. We're still having to break up a lot of baby fights after kicks to the head and hair pulling are involved..

..I kept thinking they were teething, because the fussiness coming from them was sometimes out of control. But at the 9 month mork... nothing..

..Their eye colors were finally somewhat detectable. I can't give it 100%, but I think we can safely say Grady's eyes are turning brown... Charlotte is a little more iffy, but I think they're a hazely color..

..At 9 months, their favorite things were looking in the mirror, playing peek-a-boo, jumping, and tickles..

..They figured out the idea of reaching their arms out to be picked up. I have to say, it's pretty irresistible..

..They both starting getting so excited to see each other after nap time or when they had been separated (which is pretty much only during naps). I swear, they light up more when they see each other than when they see Bryce or me..




......................


I had jotted down the following individual notes when they turned 9 months:

.......................


-Lately, Grady always has his hands in his mouth. It was a miracle that I got any pictures of him without those paws in there. When those teeth are going to come in... I have no idea. 
-While Grady is normally very smiley and excitable, he's been a little down in the dumps this month. I don't know if he's in the process of teething, or what, but he's turned into quite the feisty little thing. Poor kid, I never know what to do to make him feel better.
 -When we put him down to sleep in his crib, he instantly rolls onto his belly, pulls his knees in so his little bum is sticking up in the air, then pins his arms straight down to his side. I can't ever get over how cute he looks that way.
-Grades has quite a fear of loud things, especially the vacuum and my hair dryer. I can't even think about using either around him or he completely melts down.
-Something funny Grady likes to do is raise his hands above his head and just lets them hang out up there. And sometimes he'll raise one of his hands up and waves it up and down. I always tell him... "Good job, Grady! Wave!!" ...and he gets so excited. I swear, he's even done it after we cue him! He just loves to explore what those arms and hands can do.
-Mister Grades has always been a big smiler. He used to just open his mouth really wide in a happy smile, but now he's transitioned it into a big ol' cheesy, scrunchy face, chin-sticking-out smile. I always think he looks like an old man when he does it, and it's super adorable.


.............................


-Our Charlotte lady is really taking off. She has been determined to figure out the crawling thing.... and at the 9 month mark, she had mastered getting up on her hands and knees. She would sit like that, and rock back and forth, but couldn't figure out how to move her arms without face-planting it. So she'd usually end up just scooting around with her head and shoulders on the ground, but knees and bum up.
-She is also our snuggle bug. She loves to be held tight, especially when she's sleepy.
-Charlotte's most favorite toys are the big plastic spatula, and a tiny little blue monster bath toy. Both of those things get her so excited every time we give them to her. She's entertained by the simple things, I guess.
-C is a little binkie bandit. Whenever she and Grady are on the ground, and they both have their own binkies, Charlotte will still do whatever it takes to steal Grady's away. She's lucky her brother is patient and ends up just trading for hers that she spits out.
-She has really become so chatty! She makes so much noise at home, and is even getting more comfortable when we're out and about to jabber and make sure her presence is known.
-She used to be a little reserved with her smiles, but now she will smile at pretty much everything. She is such a happy baby, and I love that.


...........................

Other favorite 9 month pics:

No comments: