I'm so lucky to have my family close by. After living away for many years while going to college, it means even more to be near them. We're all in the same state, and even almost all in the same town... and I love that!
Bryce's family, unfortunately, is a different story. They are scattered all over the place. We're so glad to have his sister, Hannah, living an hour away, and we try to see her and Eric as often as we can. But we only get to see the rest of his siblings and his mom and dad about once a year... twice, if we're lucky. Normally, we fly to Wisconsin during the holidays to spend that time with them, but now with the babies, traveling is a lot more diffictult, and we're sad to be missing out on that time this year.
The past couple of months have been so fun, though, because we've actually had several of Bryce's family members come visit us in Utah! At the end of September, his sister, Aja, came from California, and his brother, Jordon, came from Minnesota. We had such a great time while they were here for a few days! A few highlights from that trip were a fall drive, staying up late talking, going to Hannah's house for a nice dinner, playing music, and a day at the dunes (which I couldn't make it to... next time!).
.. Jordon, Bryce, Aja ..
.. On a fall drive ..
.. On a fall drive ..
.. C&G loving all the extra attention! ..
.. Siblings at the dunes ..
.. Aja, Hannah, Bryce ..
.............
In the middle of November, we had more visitors, as Bryce's mom came into town, as well as his brother, Dustin and his new wife, Sarah. A year ago, C&G were just days old when Dustin and Sarah got married in Illinois. We were happy snuggling new babes, but really wished we could've been there for the big family event. I'm still bummed to this day that we missed their wedding! :( But we were so excited to learn that we'd finally get to meet Sarah and spend some time with the two of them last month.
Paula came to Utah from Wisconsin this past March, which was so great, especially to have her with us as Charlotte & Grady were blessed in church. But we'ved missed her since then, and the babies are growing so quickly, so we couldn't wait for her next visit!
While our family was in town this time, we loved more chatting and catching up, games, breakfast out, delicious dinners, bowling, celebrating an early Thanksgiving and birthday and anniversary, and hunkering down while it snowed outside. Of course, the time went by too quickly... 3 days is not enough!... but Bryce and I, and especially the babies, loved having them in town!
.. Paula, Hannah, Bryce, Dustin ..
.. Celebrating C&G's upcoming birthday ..
.. Party!! ..
.. Obsessed with their new walking toy from Grandma! ..
.. Auntie Hannah time ..
.. Auntie Sarah time ..
.. Grady couldn't get enough lovies from Grandma ..
.. Sibling bowling ..
.. The babies were well behaved when we went out to breakfast,
and these are now my new favorite pictures of them ..
.. Last snuggles before taking Grandma to the airport ..
..............
I've always appreciated how important family is, but it's not been until Charlotte and Grady were born that I've realized how much more special family has become. C&G mean everything to me, and there's nothing I hold more dear than seeing them interact with the people that love them most. Even though it was their first time meeting Aja, Jordon, Dustin, and Sarah in person, I felt right away how much love their aunts and uncles already have for them. Not to mention how much their Grandma loves them, too! It's the most special thing to me, and I can't help but get emotional thinking about how lucky we are to have such amazing family that cares so deeply for us and our precious babes. It's hard saying goodbye, knowing that Charlotte and Grady change too quickly, and not having a plan of how long it will be in between visits. Thank goodness for modern technology that allows us to still stay in touch, even across the miles!
Thank you Aja, Jordon, Dustin, Sarah, and Paula for traveling from all over to come see us! I know from the perma-smiles on Charlotte and Grady's faces during those visits that they love you all so much and can't wait to see you again, hopefully soon! And neither can we! :)
Love you all!!




2 comments:
This is so sweet! I love all the pictures. I miss you all already and can't wait to come see you guys again. I really love this blog.
Also, Sarah and Dustin look like naturals with those babies. Just saying :)
Post a Comment