This guy.
We celebrated his first Father's Day last week (if you don't count last year, when I was pregnant). I felt like it was a pretty big deal.
We celebrated his first Father's Day last week (if you don't count last year, when I was pregnant). I felt like it was a pretty big deal.
Having a father that is so hard-working, intelligent, a worthy Priesthood holder, loving, patient, funny, a good example, honest, nurturing, and respectful is a rare thing these days. Charlotte and Grady are beyond lucky to have that kind of a father. And I am so lucky to have that man as my husband.
I am grateful for Bryce every day and all that he does for our little family.
When I first found out I was pregnant, Bryce was so excited and just as thrilled as I was. When we found out we were having twins, I know he was stunned and probably more than a little worried, but he immediately jumped in to calm my fears and helped me realize what a blessing those two little beans were before I was prepared to realize it for myself. And I can't even begin to describe how much it meant to have him by my side that first day in the hospital as I went into labor just shy of 25 weeks, and those long 2 months following. He literally spent every single night on that tiny, hard hospital couch in my room, being woken up almost as much as I was at all hours of the night when the nurses and doctors came in to do their checks/pass medication/monitor the babies. As scary as that time was, I think it helped our marriage grow stronger than ever, and it helped increase the love and bond we each felt for our little ones. I wouldn't have made it without Bryce.
And now, he is an incredible father! Always so helpful, patient, loving.... He's a natural. And boy, do Charlotte and Grady love him!! I will never get tired of seeing Bryce in that role. It's the sweetest thing. Fatherhood looks good on that man.
Happy (belated) Father's Day, Bryce. The babies and I love you so so much!!
.......................
And what kind of Father's Day blog post would it be if I didn't give a shout-out to my awesome dad?? There aren't quite words to describe how I love and admire my pops. He has been through so much in his life, but always rises above it all. He amazes me with his strength. I have a million wonderful memories growing up of him being such a great dad. He was/is always there to support and encourage us, no matter what. And he's been a great example of loving my mom. How lucky I am (and my whole family is) to have him! Love you Dad!!


No comments:
Post a Comment