Wednesday, May 29, 2013

six months


My babies are 6 months old! ...what the heck??
These kiddos keep me so busy, that sometimes I don't think to stop and soak it all in. My new goal is to do that more often, because they're growing much too quickly!

I really can't believe that it's been half a year, already, since they were fresh and new. 

...............

Things to remember:

..They are still mainly wearing 3 month clothes. A few 3-6 month things fit, but they're usually pretty big..

..Wearing size 2 diapers, size 3 at night..

..This month, they've been going through some insane growth spurt or something, because they drank a crazy amount at their feedings, especially just before bed. And when I say crazy, I mean Grady would regularly drink 13 oz. They've just started to slow it down a little and level off at about 6-8 oz again..

..They're both doing much better sleeping in separate cribs.. 

..Bedtime is usually around 9:30, and then the babies sleep through the night, which is heavenly..

..Unfortunately, their days of sleeping in are over. They had a period of time where they slept in until about 9 in the morning, but now they usually wake up around 6:30ish. I'm a night owl, so this is rough for me. Guess I need to adjust my sleep schedule too..

..Their favorite songs to sing are the itsy bitsy spider and wheels on the bus..

..They've officially had their first few fights... It happens when they're next to each other and Grady tries to reach for Charlotte and gets a little too aggressive and ends up clawing her. She's not a fan :) ..

..Charlotte doesn't mind getting strapped in her carseat, but Grady hates it..

..They both really like to sit in the exersaucer. We only have one, but I'm tempted to get another because it keeps them entertained for longer than the play mat... gives me a some time to do the dishes and what not..

..They are growing and developing like crazy animals! I'm excited to see what this next month will bring..


................


  -Grady's 6 month stats:
.weight: 14 lb 10 oz
.height: 24 1/4 in
.head circumference: 17 1/4 in
-Grady gained over 2 lb this month! He's over a pound heavier and looks visibly bigger than Charlotte, which is good. He needs to be her protector :)
-He's still a little guy, but he's dense! haha He has some pretty impressive calves.
-He loves to hang onto his binkie when it's in his mouth, so he always ends up pulling it out and then can't get it back in.
-G is a champion sleeper. He very rarely fusses when he's put down at night or for his naps. He just kicks and throws his body around for a few seconds, trying to find that sweet spot, then konks out and stays sleeping really well. I love that.
-He does this funny thing where he gets all tense and nervous and holds his breath whenever we're holding him while walking down the stairs. I don't know what's up with that, but it makes me laugh.
-Grades only grabs his left foot so far.
-He likes it when I am looking away, then slowly turn to look at him and make eye contact, over and over... he thinks that's hilarious.
-He likes to be startled. But there's a fine line where he thinks it's funny and where it goes too far and he bursts into tears.
-Grady loves to laugh! And we love to discover new ways to make him laugh. His giggles are the cutest thing in the world.


.................


-Charlotte's 6 month stats:
.weight: 13 lb 5 oz
.height: 24 in
.head circumference: 16 1/2 in
-Charlotte has really found her feet this month! She loves those things.
-If she's not grabbing her feet, then she has her hands in her mouth. She's not teething yet, but I can only imagine how bad that habit and her drooling will be when she finally has some teeth coming in.
-Her babble is hilarious. I don't know how to explain it other than it sounds like she's really trying to say something very serious or concerning.
-C is actually quite talkative. Most people don't get to see that, because she's really quiet out in public and just likes to observe everything. When she's home in her comfort zone, though, she's a chatty one.
-When Charlotte really gets to laughing, especially while being tickled, she gets big smiles and her little face scrunches up so that her eyes close... it is seriously adorable.
-She likes to blow spit bubbles.
-She has bad circulation and often has cold hands and clammy feet.
-Charlotte finally rolled over for the first time right on her 6 month mark! Yay!
-This girl is the queen of cat naps. Sort of tests my patience. She sleeps for 20-30 minutes at a time, then pops awake and won't fall back asleep for anything.
-The one thing that redeems this quality, is that every single time I go in the room after she's been sleeping, she greets me with the biggest ear-to-ear, eye-squinting smiles. I am absolutely in love with her smiles!

..................

I am so head over heels in love with Charlotte and Grady. They make me smile and laugh so much, and they're really starting into such a fun stage. They are the light of my life, and I love being their mama! Being a stay at home mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but by far, the most rewarding, and I love my days with them. I'm excited we've all made it to the 6 month mark alive! :)
......

6 month snapshots:
..Charlotte all up in Grady's business..

 ..dinnertime..

 ..my sweet bug..

 ..morning lounging..

 ..Charlotte snuggles..


..tummy time - Charlotte is amused by Grady's crying..

 ..Grady and his left foot..


..Daddy and babies..


..moral support for their 6 month shots..


..Charlotte just can't get enough of those hands..


..we love family naps..

 ..Bryce's 26th birthday and the twins' 6 month mark..


2 comments:

Kathryn McFall said...

Oh my heck!! I need to be seeing these babies more than I am! They are the absolute cutest! I love them holding hands for their shots! I was smiling reading this whole post and just yearning to hold your children!

Juliann Dalton said...

Lauren they are getting so big! Crazy how time flies! Glad everything is going well!