Mother's Day weekend was the best I've had in a long time. It was filled with fun activities, and I loved celebrating such a special day!
On Saturday, the sisters (Corie, Kathryn, Rachael, and I), went to Kneader's for a free Mother's Day brunch. They were serving french toast, and it was absolutely heavenly! Besides that, it was great to have some girl time with some of my very favorite people. Sadly, my mom had to work, but it needs to become a tradition, so hopefully she'll make it next year!
That afternoon, Bryce and I took Charlotte and Grady to Color Me Mine in Salt Lake. It's the cutest place to paint your own pottery, and I always love when I get the chance to go. We had talked about taking the babies there when they were 6 months to get their prints done, and it ended up being perfect timing for Mother's Day. The babies actually cooperated really well, and I love the way the plates turned out! So fun to always remember how little they were at this stage.
Sunday morning, Bryce fed and took care of the babies so that I could sleep in a little, which was amazing. Then I had my very first experience ever with breakfast in bed... very exciting! :) Bryce really pampered me with that, and also with a very sweet Mother's Day gift. He enlarged several pictures of the babies, and one of us as a family and mounted them on canvas board. It was so sweet! I love them and can't wait to hang them up!
Sunday evening, we got together with all of my family at Corie and Nolan's house. The men prepared and grilled a delicious meal. It really was the perfect evening... the weather was amazing, I loved the company of my family... the babies miraculously napped just long enough for Bryce and I to eat in peace :) haha. We topped the day off with hot fudge brownie sundaes and home videos.
Getting the chance to celebrate motherhood and womanhood is so special.
I am very blessed to have such wonderful examples of great mothers in my life...
I love my mother-in-law! Paula is so devoted and invested in each one of her children. Even across all the miles, she is always showing us so much love. She often spoils us with thoughtful cards, just because, and sends cute books and toys for the babies. I love that she cares for Charlotte and Grady so much, and I wish we could all spend more time together. Paula would do anything for any one of her kids. She has always made me feel apart of the family, and treats me like one of her own. I am so lucky to have her!
And my mom, who doesn't love Wanda? :) She is truly the most selfless person I know. She will do anything for anyone, always putting the needs of others before her own. She has always been there for me, providing insane amounts of support and love. On top of that, she's beautiful, strong in her faith, never speaks unkind words about anyone, is an amazing cook, and also a wonderful grandma. I love her tons!
I feel so so grateful to be a mother. I loved having a day to really soak up how much that means. One year ago, on Mother's Day exactly, I found out that I was pregnant. Bryce and I couldn't believe it, because we had been told that it might be a long road to becoming parents. That little positive pregnancy test was the best Mother's Day gift ever! Who would've guessed the journey we'd go on over the next year, but looking back, I'm so grateful for it all. I love my precious babies with all of my heart! Motherhood is the most challenging thing I've experienced, and it's only been 6 months... there's a long road ahead! :) I feel a great responsibility to be all that they deserve, and sometimes that can be a heavy weight on my shoulders. But the amount of love and joy that they bring into our home is indescribable. I know that I am beyond blessed!






1 comment:
Sister!!! You have made me cry. :) Such beautiful words about your babies and being a mama. You are such an incredible mother. You are a natural, and I am amazed at how you care for your two babies so wonderfully. You inspire me as a mother! Love you! (Ps. That last picture could not be any cuter.)
Post a Comment