Tuesday, June 25, 2013

summer hodge podge

 Sadly, the start of this summer was proving to be not so great as I came down with a terrible body flu several weeks ago. I seriously haven't felt that sick in a long long time. I couldn't even think about taking care of the babies (I could barely lift Grady, I was so weak), and was pretty much wiped out for a few days. I was insanely grateful that Bryce has such a flexible work schedule... and that he's a super dad... and could be home to help me with the twins. Then a couple weeks I came down with a stomach bug and was miserable once again. Hopefully, this just means that I've got it all out of my system, and I can enjoy the rest of summer without any more sickness... right??
 So other than that (!), summer has been treating us very well.
We're definitely warm weather people around here, and it's been great to soak up all the fun activities that come along with this time of year. 

We took the babies swimming for the first time a couple weeks ago, and it was the perfect afternoon! The weather was perfect, the water felt great, and Charlotte and Grady looked so darn cute in their little matching swimsuits. 
Charlotte took to the water right away, and loved kicking and splashing.
Grady was a bit more weary about the situation and probably needs some more pool time before he's totally comfortable. I guess I'm okay helping him with that. :)

.................

We went to Bountiful's cruisin' car show...
We didn't make it for the parade, which was actually probably a good thing because I don't think the babies would've done well with all the loud revving and what not. But it was fun to walk around and look at the parked cars. Plus we enjoyed some yummy food... pulled pork for Bryce and the first cotton candy of the season for me!

...................


Last Tuesday, some friends invited us to go boating with them at Pineview Reservoir. My lovely neighbors watched the babies, and Bryce and I had a fabulous time on the lake! We enjoyed some tubing, wakeboarding, and relaxation.

 ...................

That lake time was definitely needed, as last week was quite busy and stressful. Bryce was asked by a neighbor to help with a filming job in Park City for a couple of days. This meant that I was home alone with the babies for 48 hours. It probably sounds pathetic that I'm complaining about that short of a time, but seriously... it was exhausting! The babies just decided that the one time Bryce was out of town was when they were hardly going to sleep at night. I got about 2 1/2 hrs of sleep that first night. Then the next day I was preparing to host a Bunco party at my home with 12 girlfriends. I was definitely running on fumes. But it all worked out, and I survived those 2 days and nights without my other half! (Please don't leave me again, Bryce.) 

We're definitely looking forward to what the rest of this summer has to offer. I feel like it's going to be a great one!

No comments: