Well, we made the big move!
The storage unit has been emptied...
everything's unpacked.
Now the ongoing project will be to make our little place into a home.
I feel like good things are in store for us here, but we'll see if that thought changes after this upcoming week.
The good news is Bryce did well with his first batch of classes, and I survived my first day of nursing school! I'd say we should celebrate, but... no time. Yes, I'm already swamped. Shocker.
Thank goodness I have a husband who remembers it's garbage day, and picks up the mail key from the post office, and volunteers to make dinner.
I'm pretty sure he's going to be the only thing that keeps me sane these next two years.
Our campus is flooded with freshmen this year! You have to love their eagerness and excitement to be at school, but it's a little disheartening when I get the feeling everyone I pass probably looks at me and thinks I'm one of them. I joked with Katie that I need a sign saying: this is my 6th year in college, thanks!
But then I realized that makes me sound sorta ancient, and probably no one would believe me anyway since I've been told recently (on more than one occasion) that I look 16. Someday I'll appreciate it, right?
Anyway...
We're alive and doing really well, and we're excited about this upcoming semester!
More updates and pictures will hopefully be coming soon
2 comments:
I'm glad to hear that you are alive and well! But I need some pictures of your new place to envision your new home. I can't believe this is your 6th year of college... sheesh! When did you get to be so OLD?! :) You're a pro at college now, so don't worry... you'll survive the next two years. More than survive, you'll kick their butt. You're awesome like that. Love ya, Sis! (And miss you tons!)
What Corie said! (sorry, I'm a little behind in tracking my little chicks!)
BUT, SO GLAD to hear that you're settled in to your own place, working hard, taking well-deserved breaks now and then, working as a team, standing so capably on your own four feet! We're SO proud of you both!
And we're looking forward to seeing you this weekend, then in October (around the 15-17th?)! LOVE YOU and MISS YOU!
Post a Comment