Thursday, August 5, 2010

oh July...

We're well on our way into August, and I'm still wondering where July went!  Why does this always happen?  Bryce and I were talking this morning, and realized that we're now in the single digits for work days left, and just two weeks away from moving back down to Cedar City.  What the??  This summer has flown by, but I feel lucky to say that we've created so many awesome memories over the past few months.  

July, of course, was no exception- we had lots of plans to take up all our free time.

*Bryce's mission president was released earlier in the month, so we went to hear him and his wife speak at their homecoming in Provo* 
It was crazy how many returned missionaries there were... I was excited to meet everybody, a lot of whom I've heard many stories about.  They were all so nice, and I could tell Bryce loved seeing everyone again!  At one point during President Olausen's talk, he had all the missionaries scattered through the chapel stand up and sing Called to Serve in Danish/Icelandic.  It was impressive!  It's weird to think Bryce has been home from his mission for over a year and a half now.  We need to go back and visit Denmark soon!


*I was able to spend an afternoon with Kevin and my Dad at the Clark Planetarium*
If you live nearby and have the chance, I'd recommend seeing one of their IMAX movies.  We saw Hubble 3D.  The boys in my family love that kind of nerdy thing, but even I admit- it was intense.

*Corie invited us to go to the Aquarium with them*
..touched a sting-ray, was disgusted by the octopus, marveled at the jellyfish, laughed (a lot) at the penguins, and loved being with the little boys..

*The two of us enjoyed a nice evening watching a classic movie at the park*
E.T., under the stars, snuggling with the husband... what could be better?


*We went down to Cedar City to find a place to live for the upcoming year*
Mission accomplished!  We were feeling a little worried at the end of the weekend, without too many options that appealed to us, but we lucked out and managed to get a place that will be perfect.  Amazingly, they let us bypass the ridiculously long waiting list... and we just signed the contract, so it's official.  It's a 3 bed, 2 bath place, so if you ever want to come visit there's a room waiting!  Bryce is mostly excited about the 2 car garage he plans on using as a workshop.  Love that handyman of mine.


*Bryce got a little bit of his inner cowboy out when we went to the Days of '47 Rodeo*
Thank goodness his bull-riding days are over!  I can barely stand the stress of watching these guys I don't even know.  But is it weird/bad of me to be a little disappointed that nobody got injured? ...it just makes things even more exciting... okay, it's weird.  Anyway, I loved the bull-riding, bareback, barrel racing, and wild steer milking.  That last one was just as hilarious as it sounds! 


*We celebrated the 24th of July (pioneer day) by going to a parade, watching fireworks, and spending an afternoon in American Fork*
The Bountiful parade was packed.  It was sort of ridiculous, cuz the parade wasn't even that good.  And it ended up being miserably hot, so we decided to leave early.  But we weren't let down by the fireworks.  They were amazing.  The next day we went down to celebrate at Neil and Stacy's bigtime BBQ.  (Stacy is Bryce's cousin.)  Literally, their entire neighborhood was there!  It was a crazy time with a dunk tank, snow cones, blow up water slides, and many food eating contests: hot dogs, pie, root beer, candy... we had so much fun!


*We enjoyed some more good food with Bryce's dad and Hannah*
Joe was out west for a rodeo, so he treated us to a delicious steak dinner at Ruby River, then we topped off the night with frozen yogurt.  It was a great time to catch up, especially since we haven't seen him for a year!

*The month ended with one last BBQ*
Last Saturday, we got together with Laura & Scott and Taylor & Josh for some good food and good conversation.  I love that no matter how much time goes by between seeing the girls, we can still get together and be our normal, crazy, chatty selves!  And our lucky husbands get to sit there and pretend to enjoy themselves too. :)



After taking a look back on the month, I can't complain.  We worked hard and played harder.  These next couple weeks of freedom better be filled with as many good things as possible!

1 comment:

Kathryn McFall said...

Wow you guys have been busy this past month! Okay, the place you will be living in Cedar city sounds awesome. 3 bedrooms!?! We'll have to come visit when Tim gets home. Also, you touched the sting ray? Better than me. When Tim and I went he was practically petting the thing and I barely, barely touched it!