The 4th of July was amazing, as usual. I love everything about this holiday... warm summer weather, BBQ-ing, parades, carnivals, fireworks, cotton candy, and especially remembering our freedoms and all those who have sacrificed so much to serve our country. My family is quite patriotic, and a big part of that is because of my older brother who has been in the army for the past 9 years. He's currently deployed in Afghanistan, and we're so proud and grateful for him! His wife, Kathryn, came down to visit over the weekend, and it was fun being able to spend time with her and feeling their baby movin' in her cute prego belly. She's my hero for going through all this with such a good attitude. She came down because my mom invited her to be in Centerville's parade. My mom was asked to be over the military section of the parade, and I'm pretty sure they're going to keep her in charge for the next several years because she did an amazing job! I was really bummed because I had to work that morning and couldn't make it to the parade, but we worked hard the night before setting up the "float" and getting all the last minute things together. It was very festive!! After work, I got to spend some time with the fam at the park enjoying all the yummy food and other fun things they had going on there. Later that evening we enjoyed a nice grilled meal of hamburgers and hot dogs and then headed off to see the fireworks. It really was such a great day!
On Sunday, we enjoyed more time with family as Everett was blessed in church. He's such a special little guy, and it's a great excuse to hang out and eat some more good food afterward. :) Then Hannah came down from Logan, and we went for a really fun hike up the canyon, which included some beautiful scenery and a giant rope swing.
To round up the holiday weekend, everyone was off of work on Monday, so we took advantage of that and went to see Toy Story 3. It was another nice, relaxing day, and we all enjoyed the movie! Now it's back to life as usual.





3 comments:
I saw your mom and sister-in-law in the parade! Too bad we couldn't freaking get together! I was at the park, but I got your text way late cause my phone died. Dumb phones.
Lauren! It was so fun seeing you guys again! I had such a great weekend and 4th! Man, that hike looks awesome! I want to go when I'm not pregnant!
Oh, that was definitely a fun weekend! 'Wish you could've made it to the parade. That picture of you with three cotton candy bags? Classic. I love ya, Sis!
Post a Comment