The last few days have been full of these fun events:
To celebrate our anniversary, we went out to dinner at the Melting Pot in downtown SLC. It was a first for us both, and we'd highly recommend it... just a really fun, fondue restaurant that's full of deliciousness. We did the full 4 course meal which included cheese fondue, salad, main course of assorted meats to cook in a yummy broth, and an absolutely amazing dessert- melted milk chocolate with scoops of chunky peanut butter and everything you could possibly want to dip in it. We were in heaven. It was fun to dress up and spend a night out, Bryce even gave me a flower lei straight from Hawaii to make the night even more special.
On our way home from dinner, we saw signs for the Parade of Homes. If you know Bryce, you'll understand why early Saturday morning, he woke me up saying he bought us tickets and we needed to go right away. He's a lover of great craftsmanship and can't pass up an opportunity to experience a beautiful home. So we spent the day exploring some really fancy houses in Davis/Weber counties. We saw about 6 or 7, but our favorites were in Huntsville. After seeing the beautiful country that this small town is surrounded by, we've now decided that this is going to be our future home (after we become really rich, because all the land and houses are super expensive!). But really, it was gorgeous... green everywhere, the beautiful Pineview reservoir, plenty of land for our horses someday... we like to dream.
Monday was my mom's birthday! Corie was great and put together a dinner event up Mueller Park Canyon where we got to enjoy a nice campfire, roast marshmallows, and celebrate Wandamere. :) It's always the best being able to spend time with family!! Happy birthday Mom!
Yesterday I made a trip up to Logan to see Hannah in her dental assistant world. She asked me to be one of her "final patients" as she's finishing up her schoolwork there. She was great! It was seriously so cool watching her do her thing. She x-rayed my entire mouth (I'm not kidding- there were about 19 different x-rays), took impressions, cleaned my teeth, and gave me flouride. By the time I left, my teeth felt amazing! Good job making it through the year, Hannah! You're going to make the perfect dental assistant!
I saw the new Eclipse movie last night. There was a promotional thing going on for Nordstrom, so I was able to go with a couple friends to see it at 9:00 pm. I'm not a crazed Twilight fan like the rest of the world seems to be, but I figured it'd be fun, and I actually enjoyed the movie. It was funny to see how many women were there, though! Plus there were lines wrapped all the way around the theater for the later midnight showing. I was surprised not to see anyone dressed up as vampires!
Somewhere in all this busyness, Bryce and I pulled out our frozen wedding cake to eat. We basically just tasted it and decided the tradition was fulfilled and we were done. It wasn't too tasty, but it's fun to think back a year ago when we were smashing it in each others' faces. :)



3 comments:
I definitely remember pulling out the cake on our 1 year wedding anniversary! Ours was still DANG tasty surprisingly!! Cant' believe you've already been married a year and i've almost hit two!! Time goes by so fast!! LOVE LOVE the melting pot! I guess great minds think alike cause I was planning on taking Tyler for our 2nd anniversary because he has never been. Aren't the desserts to die for?!!
Okay first of all, you came up to Logan and didn't even tell me!!! You better not let that happen again. Wanda's birthday looked like so much fun! I'm so very excited to see you guys this weekend!
Looks like you guys had a fun weekend! Congrats on one year. It's so crazy how fast it flies!
Post a Comment