Oh my gosh you guys. I am the worst... It's been a month since I last posted and almost THREE months since the babies had their first birthday! When things are busy around here and I have a spare minute, I don't usually feel like sitting down and blogging. BUT... we have people we love all over, and I want to keep them updated, so I'm really going to try to be better.
And now for the official first year birthday post!
And now for the official first year birthday post!
What a happy reason to celebrate! Probably like every other parent does, on their big day, I couldn't stop thinking about our experience of Charlotte and Grady's birth. I went back and read this novel of a post, and I cried happy tears watching the videos Bryce took in the OR. What an amazing experience that I will always love looking back on!
Leading up to the twins turning one, we did some celebrating with cake and singing and presents with some of Bryce's family while they were in town the week before. And the week after their big day, we had an official birthday party. But their actual day was pretty low key. But I loved that! It was perfect getting to spend the 20th with just the four of us. There were lots of smiles and kisses and playing and laughing. It was such a good day.


I really can't believe my babies are [over] a year old already. I guess they're technically not babies anymore, but I'm running with that for a while longer... little steps for my mama heart. This stage has crept up on me, and I'm not sure how I feel about it! To be honest, with the chaos that comes from raising twins, sometimes I find myself just trying to survive day by day. I don't always take the chance to soak up these fleeting moments. That's a big goal I have for this next year... to enjoy the little things, remember to pause each day, and enjoy my babes in each stage.
.................
A few things I want to remember about the babies at a year old:
..Grady finally broke out of 6 month clothes and into 9 and 12 month stuff. Charlotte is getting taller, but not thicker, so it was still 6 month tops with longer bottoms for her (we're now into some 9 month stuff)..
..They are both crazy teeth sprouting machines! We can't keep up with how many teeth keep popping out..
..We're loving that they've mastered the technical side of self-feeding. But if they would only expand their taste buds' preferences now. Grady loves anything crunchy, while Charlotte would be content only eating fruit. The two of them would still eat absolutely anything pureed, though. It's tempting to use that as a go-to when they refuse to eat anything else..
..They got a toy walker for their birthday from Grandma, and were instantly obsessed! We couldn't peel them away from it the first couple weeks. Even now, they love to tag team it and cruise all over the place together pushing their walker. At their one year mark, neither C or G were really walking on their own, but (spoiler alert) they're both rocking it now! Grady started walking in December. By now he really cruises and has this funny strut that he does, like he's so confident and cool. Charlotte was pretty hesitant for a while. Every time we'd try to get her to walk, she'd just let her legs go weak and crawl instead. She finally graduated to taking little steps, but had a stronger right leg than left, so she tended to move sideways like a crab. haha Now she's also walking like a pro. Although it scares me, I have to admit that I'm pretty excited to see them running around together..
..The babies are funny with their personalities. They each have different things they're more comfortable with and things they're hesitant about. They are really their own little person. I love getting to watch them side by side to see how they interact with the world in their own unique ways. Grady is such a feisty little spitfire. Man, I think that kid is really going to be giving us a run for our money when he gets older. Charlotte is super playful and talkative at home, but very quiet and observant when we go out. She'll be our shy one. Together, they're the best of friends. I hope it stays that way..
....................
When I was pregnant and told people we were expecting twins, I can't count how many times we got looks of pity or concern. I was told, "Good luck with that!" "Better you than me," and "Wow, you're really going to have your hands full."
Of course my hands are full, but my heart is overflowing! (okay, that was kind of cheesy...) But it's true. I look at Charlotte and Grady and can't come close to imagining life at this time without the two of them. I'll be the first to tell you that I was overwhelmed when I found out I was carrying twins. I didn't know how I was going to be able to do it. But then they arrived on this earth in all their dramatic glory, and my heart has never been the same. I love C&G so much that now I want everyone to experience having twins! It is the absolute greatest blessing. I am such a lucky mama.
To my sweet babies, happy (very belated) first birthday! I love you more than words can say!!
..The babies are funny with their personalities. They each have different things they're more comfortable with and things they're hesitant about. They are really their own little person. I love getting to watch them side by side to see how they interact with the world in their own unique ways. Grady is such a feisty little spitfire. Man, I think that kid is really going to be giving us a run for our money when he gets older. Charlotte is super playful and talkative at home, but very quiet and observant when we go out. She'll be our shy one. Together, they're the best of friends. I hope it stays that way..
....................
When I was pregnant and told people we were expecting twins, I can't count how many times we got looks of pity or concern. I was told, "Good luck with that!" "Better you than me," and "Wow, you're really going to have your hands full."
Of course my hands are full, but my heart is overflowing! (okay, that was kind of cheesy...) But it's true. I look at Charlotte and Grady and can't come close to imagining life at this time without the two of them. I'll be the first to tell you that I was overwhelmed when I found out I was carrying twins. I didn't know how I was going to be able to do it. But then they arrived on this earth in all their dramatic glory, and my heart has never been the same. I love C&G so much that now I want everyone to experience having twins! It is the absolute greatest blessing. I am such a lucky mama.
To my sweet babies, happy (very belated) first birthday! I love you more than words can say!!







No comments:
Post a Comment