Saturday, November 17, 2012

dear babies


Dear Babies
....

Over the past few days, I've spent a lot of time thinking about how blessed your daddy and I are.
I don't know if it's Thanksgiving coming up, or realizing that you will be here soon, or that I'm finally letting my mind wander to a place knowing that you both should be born healthy and strong...
I can't quite put into words these emotions of gratitude.

Again this morning, one of the high-risk doctors came in to check on me and his comment was, "Everyone considers you to be a miracle, you know that, right?"

My body has held on 8 weeks past what was initially expected, and I'm proud of that.
In the beginning, I struggled with feelings of guilt that I wouldn't be able to carry you longer, and because of that, my helpless little ones would have to fight so hard to survive.
But the weeks have steadily passed, I've turned all my focus to you, and my body has continued to perform the miracle of growing not just one, but my two precious babes.
This morning, as my nurse was using a sonogram to listen to your heartbeats, you both just went crazy, making my belly move and roll all over, letting me know you're still thriving in there.
The nurse and I laughed.
And I said a little prayer of thankfulness in my heart.

....

Your daddy and I cannot wait to meet you two... You are ours, meant to be in our family forever, and we already adore you more than words can say.
Keep growing strong, my little miracles.

7 comments:

Kathryn McFall said...

I might be crying now! Lauren, I am so glad that you and Bryce have hung in there so long!! I really am so glad those babies have stayed put! I'm extremely excited to see them! One more week!!!

Unknown said...

beautiful.
love all 4 of you.
Aja

McFall Family said...

Dear, dear daughter, you are amazing! I feel so grateful to be your mother and share in the joy and love you have so beautifully expressed here! I am so grateful for you and for Bryce, the love and devotion you have for each other, and for your babies! We are SO proud of you both for your strength, your faith, your care for your babies and we are SO, SO EXCITED to see them soon! Everything will be wonderful, and we are here for you both every step of the way! LOVE YOU BEYOND MEASURE!!!!

DanaAnne said...

Inspiration! Lauren you have been a great friend and example to me for many years! You are a great strength in my life and I am grateful for your example or strength, love and endurance. I am so excited for you and Bryce! You both will make amazing parents, and just like you've been such an amazing influence and example in my life I know you will be the same to your precious little babies!
I love you and Bryce! My God and his gaurdian angels always stand by your side!

Hannah said...

Lauren you and Bryce are such amazing examples of love. You will be such amazing parents too. Cant wait to meet them! Love you all

Anonymous said...

Bless your motherly, loving heart Lauren. I loved reading your sweet message to those precious babies. We are still praying for them and you and Bryce. Best, best wishes to all of you!

kandis lake said...

lauren i love this! you are such an example of strength for holding on through all of this and i am so excited for you and the babies! :)