Sunday, March 21, 2010

spring break novel

Warning:  This is a very long post... lots to remember! :)

Sadly, our week of fun is over.  We just arrived back in Cedar City after all the festivities up north.  It was such a great week!  We've both been slightly tempted to just forget the last month of school and start our summer vacation a little early... this beautiful spring weather isn't helping at all.  At least we were able to enjoy a much-needed week off and got to relax a little in between the different events going on.

Welcoming Kevin home was very exciting!  Bryce had some work and school stuff going on until the weekend, so he wasn't able to join us until then.  On Saturday, the whole gang spent a wonderful afternoon at the temple.  This was a very big thing for my family, since every single one of us could be there together... it was so special!  

Kevin's talk in church was the following day and it was a lot of fun to have friends and family over afterward.  Hannah even got to come down, which was great- we love having her nearby!  We all ate tons of yummy food and enjoyed visiting.

At the beginning of the week, Bryce spent some time working.  His company just opened a new office in Woods Cross, so it'll be perfect for summer work plans.  While he was busy slaving away, I got off easy and enjoyed a fun evening out with some friends.  The next day Bryce had some time off, but needed to work on a photography assignment for school.  So we decided to head down to the gateway to enjoy the sun and a little browsing through stores in between shots.

Thursday was a pretty relaxed day.  We went out and got some McFall family pictures done (since Kevin was home, and before Tim had to leave).  Then my family threw me a birthday party that evening... filet mignon dinner, strawberry dessert, and catch phrase!  Perfect.

Friday was my favorite day of the whole week.  Since today, my actual birthday, was spent driving, Bryce decided to make Friday a birthday extravaganza.  Seriously, he's been paying close attention the past few months to things I've said, and had the entire day planned with some secret events he knew I'd love.  First, we went out to breakfast at Sill's and completely stuffed ourselves with delicious food!  After an hour to recuperate, we ended up in front of a Mini Cooper dealership in Salt Lake.  I talk about how I love Mini's all the time, so Bryce decided it'd be fun to have me go on a test-drive.  And yes, now I'm saving my pennies to buy one!  That was awesome.  Afterward, we headed over to Color Me Mine.  If you haven't heard of it, you should check it out and go... I loved it!!  You can pick out something to paint however you want, then they fire it to seal in the paint, which also makes the whole thing glossy and beautiful.  We decided on mugs, and I can't wait to pick them up to see how they turned out!  From there, we drove down to Provo for a delicious and entertaining dinner at Tepanyaki, then laughed til it hurt at a comedy/improv place called Comedysportz.  To finish it off, we stopped at Krispy Kreme for a delicious donut... or two.... okay, I got 3. :)  Quite the day!!  Thank you, Bryce, for your thoughtfulness and work put into making the day so special and meaningful to me.  You're the best, and I love you so much!

Saturday was a dreaded day that we pretended all week wouldn't come.  Tim's medical unit with the army is being deployed for a year-long duty in Afghanistan.  So that morning we saw him off.  It really is so neat to be around all the great men and women that he'll be serving with.  They're wonderful, brave people, and I admire them so much!  It's sad saying goodbye, and it's especially hard this time since he's married Kathryn and just found out he's going to be a daddy.  But it's a great thing for him, and he has the best girl ever supporting him back home.  We know the year will be over soon, but we're so proud!!  We love you Tim!
So now we're back to the daily grind of school for us both, and work for Bryce.  Just one month to go... piece of cake.



And oh yeah, I found a very important envelope waiting in the mailbox at our return.
I'll be starting SUU's nursing program this fall.... I was accepted!!!!

4 comments:

The Rasmussens said...

Congrats Lauren that's exciting! Still crazy came bolting toward me at Sills! Glad you had a good birthday! Love you!

Corie said...

That picture of Bryce is hilarious. 'Glad you had a happy birthday, and we're all so excited for you to start the nursing program. We'll be hoping, too, that the month will go by fast so we can see you up here in C-ville soon! Love you!

Tim said...

I'm so glad you got accepted!!!! And I'm glad we got to hang out so much this past week! I love you guys! "I like can I touch!"

dru said...

congrats on the nursing program fetus. soon my little fetus will be caring for the people of the world. also, why have you guys not gotten matching "don't hassle the hoff" shirts yet?