Yesterday marked two months since we welcomed our little loves into the world.
I can't decide if that time seems long or short to look back on...
I think it probably depends on which day you ask.
It's been the hardest, but absolutely the best two months.
I can't even describe how much love my heart holds for these two.
How lucky am I to be their mommy?
...........
Things to remember
..We go through about 100 diapers in a week..
..We're starting to be able to distinguish between their individual cries..
Charlotte's tongue gets in the way and makes her cry sound stuffy and muffled (but still loud!).
And Grady has mastered a very abrupt and piercing wail. It's lovely. haha
..They are both becoming more and more alert each day..
It's so fun to see them taking in the world.
It's even more fun to catch them staring at us and to wonder if they're starting to know us.
..They're on a pretty decent schedule, feeding every 4-ish hours..
..Both babies have been a little blocked up..
This is not fun for them or for us- they have been fussy and it makes me sad to see them so uncomfortable. But it seems that they might finally be coming out of it... fingers crossed!
..They're growing like weeds, and it's evident in how much they eat..
For their tiny little bodies, Bryce and I often wonder how they fit all that milk in those bellies. They've been known to drink a good 7 oz every once in a while.
..They are definitely twins..
It sometimes creeps us out how in sync they are with one another, whether it be with their feedings, or sleeping schedule, or moods.
..We've finally graduated to regular car seats... yay!..
When we left the NICU, we had to put the babies in these weird car bed things because they were too small (barely 4 lb).
..The babies have also now moved out of preemie diapers and into newborn ones..
We're moving up in the world :)
..They love to check themselves out in the dresser mirror while we change their diapers..
..They love to check themselves out in the dresser mirror while we change their diapers..
..Our family is hunkered down at home as we're in the midst of one of the worst flu seasons in a long time..
The NICU doctors used some pretty intense scare tactics to make sure we did all we could to protect the babies from getting the flu. So home-bound it is.
...........
Because the babies were 6 1/2 weeks early, and being twins, they're super tiny and aren't even on the charts for their stats according to their chronological age. So we're going to go by their adjusted age (as in, if they were born at their due date - Jan 4th)
Grady's 2 month stats:
Weight: 6 lb 9 oz - 10th percentile
Height: 19 in - 10th percentile
Head Circumference: 14 1/4 in - 25th percentile
..Our Grady boy is such a funny kid..
He cracks us up daily with his different facial expressions.
His classic one is a very (very) wide-eyed look with his forehead scrunched up.
Grades also has the cutest little pointy features. His nose and chin melt me.
He may become a thumb sucker- he's learning how to work that soothing technique. I can't decide if this is a good or bad thing.
G loves his crib mobile. He will watch that thing for as long as it's spinning.
...........
Charlotte's 2 month stats:
Weight: 7 lb 6 oz - 40th percentile
Height: 19 1/4 in - 20th percentile
Head Circumference: 14 in - 40th percentile
Charlotte's 2 month stats:
Weight: 7 lb 6 oz - 40th percentile
Height: 19 1/4 in - 20th percentile
Head Circumference: 14 in - 40th percentile
..Charlotte love is a sassy thing..
She surprised us with her red hair. We've been debating whether we think it'll darken up,
but I love it. She's beautiful.
C loves to be sung to. If she's crying, she'll usually quiet down and stare
right into my eyes as I sing.
We think Charlotte is turning into a little chunk, even though most people would look at her and still say she's small. To us, she looks and feels huge! I'm absolutely loving her cheeks these days.



3 comments:
What sweet babies!
I hope you don't mind that I've been stalking your blog to see how those babies are growing. From my limited experience I will tell you that so far, having a thumb sucker is AWESOME. When Clara figured out how to get her thumb in her mouth consistently, she started sleeping through the night. Your babies are so sweet and I'm so glad they're growing so well!
Lauren! I seriously cannot even believe that they are two months old already! They are so adorable and i'm so happy that you are able to have them home and they are maturing well.
100 diapers a week!? sheesh! (sorta happy i'm only having 1 this time around now) haha
Post a Comment