This pregnancy is seriously flying by, and it's kind of freaking me out.
I'm already 22 weeks.... what??
With these little ones coming before Christmas, it means we have about three and a half months left at the most. There is still so much to do!
We had a doctor's appointment earlier this week with a new doctor. I know, it seems crazy to be switching this far into my pregnancy, but I'm so glad we decided to. My previous doctor didn't handle too many high risk cases, and so he had referred me to meet with a specialist every 4 weeks, while still seeing him for my regular checkups. I just felt like there was too much going on, and especially like my care wasn't as well coordinated. Bryce and I really want our babies to get the best care they can, while managing my health issues, so we decided to go with a maternal/fetal doctor that deals specifically with high risk pregnancies. It just so happens, that right at the time we were talking this over, my dad met a maternal/fetal specialist on a flight to Detroit. He called me right away and told me all about Dr. Porter, who sounded perfect! I set up a time, and our first appointment went so well! We immediately felt comfortable with him and knew that we'd be in great, capable hands.
One silver lining of having a high risk pregnancy is that we get to have ultrasounds at each appointment. It is always so fun to see our babies!
At this appointment, I hit an all-time record.... My blood pressure was 116/74! This is seriously amazing, and I was shocked, because my BP is always pretty high. Because of this, I'm taking medication and have been advised to take it easy with exercise, work, and everything. So thank goodness something seems to be working, finally. I really hope that keeps up.
Bryce has been such an amazing partner in all of this. From the beginning, when I was freaking out about having twins, he's always been so reassuring and excited. My favorite thing is when he falls asleep at night before me while I read next to him, and he dozes off with his hand on my belly. It's the sweetest. Also, when everyone else comments on me looking huge (ahem, Dad...), he is always quick to make me feel better about myself and my role in growing these babies.
Here are some week 22 insights:
-We're trying to brainstorm ideas for boys names. We haven't come up with hardly
anything for our little guy... any suggestions??
-My breathing is becoming more difficult and I have to take a lot of big, deep breaths
to fill my lungs... I've also received a comment or two on my grunts as I sit down or stand up.
These abs just aren't what they used to be.
-I swear the babies had a growth spurt overnight! I'm feeling huge just since the last couple days, which I guess makes sense because....
-...Babies are now 11 inches from head to toe, and finally weigh about a pound each!
-We registered for baby things and realized we already have a good amount of the big items.
Now I guess I just need to work on building their wardrobes :)
-My nightly upset stomachs were making a fierce comeback. Thanks a lot, heartburn.
Prilosec is now my best friend.
-Bryce felt the babies give a good show a couple weeks ago. I have been feeling them kick and squirm around so much, but they're a little more shy for everyone else.
-My hands have started to swell when we go for walks in the evening heat.... Lovely.
-Babies can hear my voice, so I need to start singing some scales.
{week 21 pic}

3 comments:
Oh Lauren, you're too cute! I loved being pregnant. It is such a miraculous experience.
Yay! I'm glad your pregnancy is going well.
Boys names can be hard! My mom found a cute boys name in the Clipper yesterday, Bowen, so I thought i'd share :)
I absolutely love both of these pictures!! They are so precious! I'm glad you are taking Prilosec now!
Post a Comment