Saturday, July 28, 2012

results are in

These weeks are going by too quickly!
It's crazy to think that I found out I was pregnant at 5 weeks, and now I'm already up to 17!
We really haven't done enough to get ready for our little ones... we had kind of been waiting to find out what they were, so we could plan a little better.
But slowly, we're collecting a few items here and there.

And now, the waiting is over!
On Monday, Bryce and I went up to the University of Utah for an appointment with the specialists at maternal & fetal medicine.  They deal with more high-risk cases, and since I'm pregnant with twins, plus have chronic hypertension, I get to go there every 4 weeks for an ultrasound and consultation.
But let's get to the good stuff...
We were so anxious for our ultrasound; being at 16 weeks, we hoped that we would be able to learn the genders of our little ones.  I made sure to drink lots of orange juice that morning so that they would be really active, and they were!
The ultrasound tech went through each baby, head to toe, to look
over all the important anatomy and make sure everything looked normal.
We first learned that "baby A" was a boy, and I was thrilled!
Then we waited to learn that "baby B" was a girl, and I immediately had the biggest smile!
It was such a special moment!  I was wiping away tears, and Bryce gave me a good high-five :)
A boy and girl... one of each... just what we hoped for.
It was just so sweet to see the two of them dancing around in there,
curled up close to one another.
And the best part is that they both look healthy, which was a relief for me to hear!
We are so incredibly blessed.



Pregnancy notables at 17 weeks:


-The babies are the size of a baked potato at just over 5 inches long from
head to bum and are developing their own unique set of fingerprints.
-I finally caved and bought my first pair of maternity pants.  While part of me is weirded out by that, the other part is extremely excited to be more comfortable wearing jeans.
-The feelings of fatigue haven't gone away, and somehow,
I'm still not managing to sleep very well at night.
-I basically have no hint left of any upset stomachs.  I am so blessed to have had it so easy regarding that terrible pregnancy symptom.
-My sense of smell was terrible before, and so I always hoped that pregnancy would improve it.  Well it has, only slightly though, but now I want it to go away...
I'm not used to smelling things, it's too much!
-We got a diaper genie from my sister, and ended up deciding to buy another one.
It scares me to think how often we'll probably still be emptying those puppies.
-I'm beginning to feel the first few sensations of fluttering in my belly.  It's barely detectable, but I know the babies are letting me know they're there.
Bryce is anxiously waiting (and trying) to feel them as well... soon!
-My belly is growing growing:


In other news...
July is one of my favorite months!  I love the parades, carnivals, fireworks, warm weather, yummy food, outdoor activities... everything!  Our 4th of July was fun, we got to see Centerville's parade (which I haven't been to in years).  We cheered on my mom as she put together the entry for the "Hometown Heroes."  Afterward, we walked to the park and I, of course,
enjoyed some beloved cotton candy.
For Pioneer Day, we enjoyed some beautiful fireworks.
My sister and her husband celebrated their birthdays this week and were nice enough to invite us to go tubing with them down the Provo River.  The water was freezing, and surprisingly fast moving.
It was quite the workout to keep from getting tangled up in the branches
and bushes alongside the river, but we had so much fun!
It was a perfect summertime activity.  And happy birthday to Corie and Nolan! :)


So far, our move up north has been great!  I absolutely love being closer to family (and civilization), and I feel so happy up here.  I've also been able to see a lot of my great friends, and our get-togethers always make for a good time!
There's nothing like being surrounded by the people you love.
These next few months are going to be crazy, but I'm looking forward to settling in
even more and enjoying the last half of summer.

No comments: