Our spring break was a couple weeks ago, and although we stayed very busy, it was wonderful to enjoy a few days off from school. The highlight of the week was welcoming my brother, Tim, home from a year-long deployment in Afghanistan. We didn't think that we'd be there to greet him, because he was tentatively scheduled to arrive the 22nd, and we'd already be back in school then.
But just in Army style, the date was changed last minute to Sunday the 20th, and we ended up being able to celebrate his homecoming.
I was so excited that whole morning. Driving to the hangar I kept thinking of all the soldiers on the plane about to arrive home and how excited they must be. When we arrived at the hangar, there were families everywhere with balloons, signs, flags, and huge smiles. I had to hold back the tears just walking into that place. And I kept thinking of Kathryn and Evalyn. My family has been through this experience with Tim before when he went to Iraq several years ago, but now that he has his own little family, it made the whole experience so much more special and exciting.
Kathryn has been amazing through this whole year... You're my hero!
Finally, the plane arrived and it was such a fun moment. A band was playing patriotic songs, the Freedom Riders were lining the hangar with flags, everyone was so excited. And let's just say, there were a lot of happy tears.
We love you brother, and we're so glad you're home!

2 comments:
What a wonderful day! I'm glad you guys could be there. We miss you already! Good luck in your final weeks of school!
Thank you so much for taking such awesome video for us that day! You are awesome and I'm so glad you guys were able to come. PS Tell Bryce sorry I didn't hand off Evalyn to him. :)
Post a Comment