Sunday, February 13, 2011

spiffed-up house

We've been in our current apartment for almost 6 months now, and it has been wonderful!  We're absolutely 
loving where we are, and couldn't think of a better home to be in (for our budget, anyway!).



These are just a few things that we've loved about our place compared to last year:

..3 bedrooms = our bedroom, office space, extra room for guests/storage..
..a couple bathrooms, both with a shower AND tub! (and the shower is bigger than 2 square feet)..
..lots of counterspace..
..lots of cupboard space..
..electrical outlets everywhere to fit everything we need..
..a pantry..
..washer/dryer hookups..
..normal sized windows to let lots of light in (which means we actually have a real live plant!)..
..dishwasher..
..sink disposal..
..no flourescent lights..
..a backyard..
..lots of great neighbors..
..and Bryce's favorite: a two-car garage..


But the one thing that I've had a problem with about this place is... the floors!
They always look so dirty and it drives me crazy!  But I realize that's what we get with having previous tenants.  And I've been able to live with it.

But this weekend, we started some major spring cleaning (apartment checks this week!), and Bryce rented a carpet cleaner.  It's a great thing the weather has been so beautiful because we've had all our windows open to air out the wet carpet, along with this:



And now the floors look like new...  Yay!!  Thanks, Bryce, for spending your Saturday working on the house!

1 comment:

Kathryn McFall said...

I love clean carpets! Our apartment in Draper had some nasty carpets and I hated it. What a nice place! I hope we can come see it before you leave it.