Thursday, January 6, 2011

christmas

Christmas break is quickly coming to a close, and another semester is looming over us.  I have been so grateful for a month-long break after such a stressful few months of school.  I definitely needed the 4 weeks to relax and enjoy time for myself, especially before this upcoming stretch of nursing school which is infamous for being killer.


Besides spending half of the break being sick, we had a great time.

We went to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert.
  Bryce and Kevin went snowboarding.
We spent every moment we could with our nephews.
Kathryn and Evalyn came to visit.
We went to an ugly sweater party with some friends.
Hannah spent the holiday with us.
We went to see the lights on Temple Square.
I got a cotton candy maker for Christmas.
 We built gingerbread houses.
 We saw Harry Potter 7.
We visited Hannah in Logan for an afternoon...
{...which turned into a night because we got snowed in}.
We barely stayed awake to ring in the new year.
The whole family went bowling.
We gorged ourselves on delicious food.
We laughed a lot.
We made it safely back to Cedar City.
And now we're already looking forward to the next break.


Thank you, everyone, for making the holidays so memorable 
and full of love!

4 comments:

The Rasmussens said...

sad I am sorry I didn't get to see you over the break! Sounds like you had a good Christmas! Love the cotton candy maker! So you!

Corie said...

Lauren, can I just say that you are so beautiful. Seriously, you got all the beauty genes in the family. :) Every picture of you is good, but I especially love the top one of you and Bryce. We miss you both already. It was so fun having you around and hanging out a bit. We will miss you these next few months. Good luck with the semester, miss nurse! You will survive!

Emily & Wes said...

Ooohhh, cotton candy maker huh?? Lucky! Well since we didn't get to hang out over the break, we need to soon...oh and we can whip up some cotton candy if we get bored, haha! Looks like you guys had fun over the break! Now back to real life huh...ugh

McFall Family said...

I'm late in checking in on your blog, but, I hope you both know how much we LOVED having you with us over the holidays!!! Thank you for sharing so much time with us and for all the great times together!
LOVE YOU!!!