Monday, October 18, 2010

my way of surviving

October is already more than halfway over, and I can't believe it.
Time has been flying by!

Normally we'd be getting a fall break right about now, but SUU decided to take that away.
This is bad news because I've been feeling insanely burned out, and I could really use a day or two off.

To say I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving is more than an understatement.
{one: 5 days off has never sounded so good}
and
{two: we're going to Wisconsin!!}

Until then, I'm going to try and hang in there.
It definitely helps that I've been thoroughly enjoying the autumn season.
Every week, we've found a different drive to go on and a new part of the area to see.  It's amazing how much southern utah has to offer!


This past Saturday's drive was especially fun because my mom and dad were down visiting for the weekend.  We drove a little through Zion's Nat'l Park, right past Kolob Reservoir, and around the face of Cedar Mountain.
I loved getting to show them a part of our neck of the woods, and we all ooohed and awwwed over the views through the whole day.

{view looking out over Cedar City} 
  

{our little something to remember the day}
  

3 comments:

Kathryn McFall said...

I LOVE autumn! How nice that Dabeed and Wanda made it down to see all the beautifulness in our area! I wish we could come and see you but I just don't know how Evalyn would do with that long of a drive! Good luck with school! Hang in there!!

Corie said...

I'm sad we missed, but at least we still have the trip to look forward to! That first picture of you and Bryce is so beautiful! The colors! The couple! :) I'm sorry you're feeling so burned out, Sis! I wish I could help you in some way. Hang in there. Something that helped me with newborns was to not think about everything at once... just take one day, one hour, one minute at a time and don't get overwhelmed by EVERYTHING you have to do! Just focus on what's required of you at that moment. Good luck. Love you!

McFall Family said...

I LOVE the memories I can gather with my awesome family, and especially in such gorgeous settings! Thank you for taking the time to share that with us, my dears! These (YOU) are the treasures I'll keep forever in my heart! Also, Dad and are SO impressed with the way you are both tackling the challenges you're facing right now - for the sacrifices you're making for the future well-being and happiness of your family, and also for the way you hold onto each other in the process! You're always in my prayers! XOXO