It's December 1st, and that makes me so happy!
I just love this month, everything about it.
Christmas tree is up, our house smells like the holidays, and there's snow on the ground... it's fantastic.
And what makes me especially happy is that there are two weeks of school left in this semester.
Which means that I've just about survived another round... only one more to go!
I do have to say that I LOVED this semester!
The workload was a lot easier to handle
(although the past few weeks haven't felt that way...
getting by on 3-5 hours of sleep a night day after day gets a little rough).
My class is amazing and we've become even closer and have so much fun together,
always making the long days bearable.
But most importantly, I've had the most incredible experiences during my clinical days that have pretty much solidified my desire to be a labor and delivery nurse. There's just nothing like witnessing a brand new baby coming into the world, and being able to assist in that brings the biggest smile to my face.
I was able to do several shifts on the labor & delivery floor and saw so many different situations.... natural births, a c-section, fast and uncomplicated births,
long and exhausting ones that had some scary moments....
No matter what the process, when I saw that baby and how the parents were overcome with joy to meet their new little one- there's just nothing that beats it.
If I could be apart of that moment every time I went to work, I would be a very happy nurse.
I know it may take me a few years of putting in my dues before I get there, not to mention all the many, many years of schooling behind my belt... but it will all be worth it.
I'm grateful that I've found something I feel like I was meant to do.
And I'm especially grateful for all the support I've had along the way!
So, just one more semester standing in my way... Piece of cake! :)

2 comments:
You are almost there! You have worked your bum off and will definitely have earned it. I know you will be such a wonderful labor and delivery nurse. You are amazing. Keep it up, Sista, you are doing it!
Wahoo lauren you're so close!! I'm so excited for you....good luck with this last semester!!
Post a Comment